Monday, January 14, 2013
Update on the BOM’s
Well, my big score this week was that I actually found the fabric that matches the inside sashing. I had decided that the quilt of many colors would do best if I repeated the sashing. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough, so technically, it got delegated to my UFO pile.
Then Ta Da – I stopped at a quilt store (how unusual…) and there it was! Now I have enough to continue. I think it looks great with the navy blue that repeats throughout.
Unfortunately, I have started a new project, (or 6) . So I didn’t get to work on the applique BOM. I did start thinking about my other BOM WIP, which has embroidered blocks – my fave! I’m scared to death to piece anything with pointy points!
Here are some of the blocks.
Most of the blocks are stitched out, but I still have several steps to go I am liking the black and white sashing, but have no idea what to do to join these puppies together. I have a while to decide though. This is my to do list before that can happen:
1. Remove all basting stitches
2. Trim any stray jump stitches
3. Remove all stabilizer – it’s all tear away and there are some tiny places
4. Add sashing to all blocks
5. STOP buying black and white fabric. 300 yards should be sufficient.
Have a great week!