Monday, January 14, 2013

Update on the BOM’s


Well, my big score this week was that I actually found the fabric that matches the inside sashing.  I had decided that the quilt of many colors would do best if I repeated the sashing.  Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough, so technically, it got delegated to my UFO pile.
my Ocean blue fabric
Then Ta Da – I stopped at a quilt store (how unusual…)  and there it was!  Now I have enough to continue.  I think it looks great with the navy blue that repeats throughout.
  Unfortunately, I have started a new project, (or 6) .  So I didn’t get to work on the applique BOM.   I did start thinking about my other BOM WIP, which has embroidered blocks – my fave!  I’m scared to death to piece anything with pointy points!  
Here are some of the blocks. 
  IMG_0260.JPG (3)IMG_0258.JPG (3)IMG_0257.JPG (3)IMG_0256.JPG (3)
Most of the blocks are stitched out, but I still have several steps to go I am liking the black and white sashing, but have no idea what to do to join these puppies together.   I have a while to decide though.  This is my to do list before that can happen:
1. Remove all basting stitches
2. Trim any stray jump stitches
3. Remove all stabilizer – it’s all tear away and there are some tiny places
4. Add sashing to all blocks
5. STOP buying black and white fabric.  300 yards should be sufficient. 
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your #5 on your list! I love the colors you have chosen for your blocks, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You won't believe it - I actually bought more today! I seriosly should not be let out of the house by myself. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. Eunique, these are *gorgeous*!! I'm so glad you shared. And you do make me laugh. :) So now you have 301 yards of black and white? ;D

    ReplyDelete